Technical Asset Manager, multi-technology renewable energy assets - London investment management firm. Competitive base salary c. £50,000 - £65,000 plus benefits.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced technical asset management professional to join a fast-growing investment management business with a broad portfolio of renewable energy assets - including solar, wind, hydro and AD.
This is a key hire in the energy and infrastructure team.
The three central pillars of the role are:
- Operations: key point of contact with project development partners and contractors to optimise the performance of the portfolio;
- Reporting: report on operational performance of the portfolio and make recommendations for improvement; and
- Technical support: provide technical due diligence support on new investment prospects and make recommendations for overall asset optimisation across the portfolio.
You're an asset manager with around 5 year's post graduate experience in the electricity generation sector, preferably with one or more of the following technologies solar, wind, hydro or AD.
You're a confident communicator and effective at managing third party and internal relationships. You enjoy the hands-on element of the technical asset management role, including site visits etc.
Whilst your degree is almost certainly engineering based (electrical engineering is ideal), you'll also be commercially astute with awareness of legal contracts and the economic and regulatory environment surrounding renewable energy technologies in the UK.
You're probably excited by the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and work across different technology streams, and or by the challenge of working in a fast growth, professional environment.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of Solar PV (or similar technologies) experience
- Solid track-record in O&M/asset management
- Prior experience in managing KPI and SLAs
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with financial plans/models
- IT Literacy
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluent English
- UK Driver's licence and ability to travel across the UK to sites.
A competitive salary package is on offer, likely to be in the range of £55,000 to £65,000 (dependent on experience), plus bonus and benefits.