Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager
12 Month Contract
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer to provide engineering support to construction projects from the build phase and into an operational phase. This would be an ideal opportunity for a Junior Project Manager, or a Project Engineer looking to become a Project/Technical Manager.
- Provide technical support to Business Development and Technical teams.
- Devise technically robust, financially viable solutions which meet clients' needs. Support technical recommendations with thorough commercial analysis.
- Ensure proposals comply with internal criteria for operational performance, risk and return.
- Contributes to the production, presentation and negotiation of bids.
- Assist with the investigation and development of emerging technologies to support the company's business model and maintain competitive edge.
- Build and maintain external relationships with external consultants, professional representatives, specialist advisors assigned to bids, and with design and build contractors.
- This role may involve supervisory responsibilities during the term of the project.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree qualified or equivalent, preferably mechanical, with considerable experience in the power or petrochemical industry.
- Background in power generation, CHP, energy from waste, process / chemical engineering or utilities.
- Proven record of contributing technical and engineering expertise to major capital investment projects, ensuring that they meet client and developer objectives.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and take the initiative where required.
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.