As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) works with policymakers, regulators, public agencies and businesses as an expert implementation partner and trusted information resource. In short, we help drive the adoption of clean, sustainable energy solutions.
Efforts will focus on promoting the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP), a program that offers rebates for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission and plug-in hybrid light-duty vehicles. That said, this job description outlines some of things you’ll get to focus on in this role.
Working for a sustainable energy future is our job. Make it yours, too!
Working on the Transparency and Evaluation (T&E) team within the Transportation department, the T&E intern will support ongoing efforts to produce meaningful information about the emerging electric vehicle market. The T&E intern will assist with coordination and general execution of a variety of projects associated with one or more of the following: data collection and management, analysis, process documentation, general research, and related activities. These activities will be conducted under the general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, EV Initiatives (Transportation Department) and in coordination with CSE’s transparency & evaluation staff.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct descriptive analyses of survey and market data for internal use
- Develop systems to efficiently process, manage, and analyze existing data
- Create internal reports and presentations to summarize results of analyses
- Document common procedures used by the T&E team
- Identify challenges in data processing and troubleshoot solutions
- Gather, organize, and summarize research literature on topics identified as relevant to transportation program implementation
- Follow direction from members of the T&E team and work collaboratively to meet team needs
- Independently develop and research suggestions for increased team efficiency
- Perform other supportive duties as requested
The ideal candidate:
- Understanding of one or more analysis methodologies relating to: surveys, data management, econometrics or statistical methods of data analysis, and/or related fields
- Interest in data analysis, program evaluation, and/or electric vehicle markets and policies
- Analytical; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Literate, numerate, and curious
- Trained in statistical analysis, especially using R or Stata
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in survey administration platforms, especially SurveyGizmo
- Experience collecting and digesting research
- Pursuit of a Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- Degree program should demonstrate methodological and topical relevance.
- Degree or experience should ideally demonstrate relevance to energy or transportation policy, but may be more broadly focused on social issues.
- It should include training in research methodologies, economic analysis, statistics, and/or program evaluation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment on a daily basis: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; Manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com.