JOB TITLE Transport / Service Co-ordinator
SALARY Competitive salary and benefits
We are currently seeking a Transport / Service Coordinator to oversee a fleet of vehicles in the waste management sector. Our client is a leading name in the renewable energy and waste industry & they require a professional Transport / Service Coordinator to ensure all areas of compliance, operation and customer service is adhered to. This will a be permanent role, to be based in Northampton.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Transport / Service Coordinator to join our clients Transport Team based in Northampton. As Transport / Service Co-ordinator, your role will be to support the Transport Manager with the operational performance of the Transport Department, plus support the operational efficiency and customer service whilst maintaining compliance with Company standards and statutory regulations
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Resolve operational matters with customers directly via the telephone or site visit, ensuring that a Customer First approach is displayed at all times
- Manage H&S at the front line via regular debrief contact with crews, site visits, training etc.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with O licence obligations to present vehicles for service, record, monitor and rectify defects, download tachograph and VDU's, and provide tachograph counselling.
- Action missed lifts, live throughout the day as they are called in directly from drivers
- Previous experience of supervision / 1st line management.
- Operational / Transport experience with a solid knowledge of EU tachograph rules.
- Commercial waste knowledge is preferred.
CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) holder - desirable, but could train for the certification during role
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) - desirable, but could also obtain during role.
- Able to deal with conflicts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Planning and organising.
There is an excellent salary and benefits package for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.