Scope of Responsibility includes:
Operational management of wind farms:
- Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on a day to day basis.
- Acting as the key point of contact for our clients & service suppliers
- Managing a small number of and our own technicians (normally 2 or 3) who are based in the field.
- Preparing technical answers to queries either directly to clients or via our technical support resource pool.
- Guidance of the other Operations Engineers and Field Technicians in the compilation of accurate preliminary and monthly operations reports for presentation to the customer (wind farm owner). This includes preliminary and monthly reports that analyse down time & provide availability analysis.
- Checking, validating and sending to clients wind farm monthly reports
- Becoming an expert in our bespoke monitoring and reporting systems (training will be provided).
- Liaison with technical services to ascertain the cause of turbine failures, response times and works undertaken.
- Developing systems and procedures to ensure asset optimisation.
Duties also include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive monitoring of operating sites in conjunction with other team members.
- Follow up any performance issues
- Obtain all current service/maintenance records
- Monitor and/or maintain site activity records
- Monthly & annual availability performance and any subsequent claims
- Reporting all concerns raised by proactive monitoring and the general operation/maintenance of the wind farm to both the owner and the maintainer as appropriate.
- Organising repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate.
- Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
You must have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times. You’ll be working within a small team within a fast paced environment, so having a good sense of humour and being able to work in an organised manner is key. A flexible attitude is essential as occasional “out of normal hours” work may be required (although there is a 24/7 Operations Control service and regional staff out in the field who will cover most eventualities on site).
Education and Qualifications:
You must be qualified to Higher National or Degree level in a relevant Engineering / Technical area. Occasional travel to sites will be a requirement of this role so you will need to hold a current, full drivers licence.
A proven track record and experience from within the renewable industry, especially Wind Power will be highly advantageous.
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience and skills.
Join us if you are looking for a competitive pay structure, private health care, 25 day holidays and pleasant working conditions. But just as importantly, join us if you are keen to work in a highly motivated and flexible environment and would like to be part of a team who are passionate about renewable energy. Apply now if we sound like the kind of company you would be proud to be a part of.