Due to continued expansion, we wish to appoint a Wind Turbine Technician to work within the Large Correctives Team.
The role would be to assist the Engineering Department in the delivery of all Large Corrective tasks as requested by our client base throughout the UK/Ireland region.
The successful candidate will be required to provide technical assistance to help to resolve ongoing issues or to implement improvements.
We are looking for candidates who have a technical background in mechanical and or electrical systems, preferably in a turbine discipline, which should include:
- Lead and be part of main component replacement teams
- Working knowledge of gearbox inspections is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of specialised equipment such as vibration, Ultrasound, bore scope and thermal imaging and other NDT tools an advantage
- Proficient in analytical fault finding
- Can assist with the resolution of onsite technical issues and implement technical improvements
- Identify and specifying tooling requirements
- Preparation of reporting templates and other technical documentation
- Has worked in a health and safety focused environment.
Candidates should be IT literate with a strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Experience in heavy lifting operations within the wind industry.
Candidates must have a minimum of a professional qualification or equivalent experience in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
For this position a full driving licence is essential, as is the ability to travel in the UK and Ireland for periods during the week.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Benefits: use of company vehicle, contributory pension, medical and life insurance.
Candidates who would like to be considered for this role are asked to submit a CV and Covering letter to James McNair at Cathcart Energy by email to email@example.com