JOB TITLE Workshop Vehicle Engineer - LGV
LOCATION Haringey, North London
SALARY From £28k to £31k plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Vehicle Engineer with a LGV background to join our client's Haringey Workshop, based in North London.
Our client is a global leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK. This will a be permanent role, to be based in their North London Workshop.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Engineer with a background in LGV maintenance to join our clients' fleet team, based in London. You will be required to maintain and repair a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in accordance to company standards. This will include undertaking diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carrying out major component overhauls.
You will work shifts Monday - Friday alternating 06.00-14.30 and 11.30-20.00.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Undertake inspections/servicing/repairs to Company vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Carry out vehicle safety inspection in line with group fleet policy
- Complete all Company documentation related to service/repair reporting.
- Use and operate workshop facilities and equipment safely and in accordance with Company and Legal requirements.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle/equipment on which they are working, and the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- City & Guilds Level 3 in HGV mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- IRTEC "Service Maintenance Technician" accreditation desired or willing to achieve
- LGV licence is essential
- Valid DCPC preferred but not essential
- Experience in use of OBD Diagnostic tools (TEXA, STAR, EASY etc.)
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine, Gearbox, Braking systems)
- Specialist skills (Pneumatics, Welding, Hydraulics, Electrical systems )
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit ( Air gun, Spanners, Sockets, Screwdrivers, etc.)
- Experience in maintaining waste vehicles is preferred, but not essential as fully training will be provided
There is an excellent hourly rate and benefits package for the right candidate. For further information please feel free to contact Chris Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.