JOB TITLE Workshop Manager
LOCATION South Oxfordshire
SALARY Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is s one of the UK's leading suppliers of integrated waste management and environmental solutions providing a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
This is a permanent role, to be based in the South Oxfordshire region and is key to the efficient and effective day-to-day management of their Vehicle Workshop and stores.
An opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Manager to ensure, through the workshop employees, the maintenance, servicing and road worthiness of all vehicles based at the depot are attended to on time and within agreed standards.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that all Company Health & Safety and HR Policies and procedures are complied with in a fair and consistent manner at all times.
- Maintaining awareness levels of all employees regarding Health & Safety and Security.
- Responsible, through the workshop employees, for the upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment used in and around the workshop and for ensuring sufficient stocks of spares and materials in order to maintain vehicles in roadworthy condition.
- Ensuring that regular meetings / toolbox talks take place with employees to encourage feedback and to share new ideas in a consistent manner.
- Ensuring that Stores carry sufficient stocks to minimise vehicle downtime.
- Responsible for ensuring all parts and materials purchased meet manufacturers' specifications and comply with Company purchasing policy.
- Have a good working and mechanical knowledge of all makes and types of commercial waste vehicles and trailer maintenance, and must be available to attend any training course to enhance and maintain new products and legislation.
- Ideally have at least 5 years' experience within the waste management industry in a supervisory or managerial position with proof of success and effectiveness.
- Have a basic knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics.
- Have a good working knowledge of COSHH, LOLER and PUWER Regulations
There is an excellent Salary and Benefits package for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 964
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.