JOB TITLE Workshop Operations Supervisor - Rochester, Kent - Up to £36.5k
LOCATION Rochester, Kent
SALARY Up to £36.5k plus benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management Specialists, with a firm foothold across the whole of Europe and beyond. They pride themselves on their passion and continuous focus on recycling and replenishing the earth's valuable resources.
Our client's requirements
With an impressive portfolio of Municipal Waste Contracts under their belts an exciting opportunity has arisen in Rochester for a Workshop Operations Supervisor to join the LGV Depot and provide effect supervision of the Workshop and staff. You will be ensuring all vehicle servicing and repairs are carried out in an economically and timely manner and at the same time are fully compliant in line with the relevant legislation. This role creates both a challenging and exciting opportunity for you to really make your mark and help influence the business moving forward.
Key responsibilities will include
- Manage the performance of the workshop, ensuring that the team achieves their 95% "First Time MOT" pass rate for all vehicles
- Ensure legal compliance of operating assets, including Yellow Plant.
- Monitor all labour and parts involved in any repair are incorporated on the Job Cards so that an effective level of cost control is maintained.
- Ensuring that all paperwork regarding the servicing and repair of vehicles conforms to 'O' Licence requirements.
- Manage and monitor correct parts supply and allocation and ensure the correct application and control of oil, lubricants and consumables.
- Maintain the Workshop servicing planner which incorporates the weekly servicing programmes for each vehicle and the accurate completion of job cards.
- To lead, manage and develop the Workshops team to maximise innovation and a 'can do' culture.
- To support the Manager in achieving and maintaining full compliance with the companies ia Fleet Management data record systems and processes.
- Monitor repair functions of the Workshops and other external maintenance providers to ensure accurate, timely cost and data capture.
- To monitor the Workshops and ensure best practice initiatives are maintained.
- Complete reports and achieve set KPI's set by the Manager.
- Work closely with your staff maintaining and documenting the progression and development of individuals
Your past experience and knowledge will include
- GCSE educated or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical experience, knowledge and qualifications, preferably in the waste management vehicle engineering sector
- Strong & proven background in Workshop Supervision.
- Good standards of administration
- In depth knowledge of a wide range of vehicles, application and plant.
- Ability to work to strict time control constraints
- Vocational licence and either hold or are prepared to study for their IOSH certification
What they can offer you in return
Not only does this present you with a first-class opportunity to join on of the UK's most highly regarded Waste Specialist but you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package in line with a position of this seniority. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.