JOB TITLE Workshop Technician/Fitter
LOCATION Hartley Wintney
SALARY Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies with a strong focus on the circular economy and sustainability. This is an ideal open for a vehicle fitter or technician who has worked on heavy goods vehicles and is looking to work within an efficient depot with a good working culture and friendly atmosphere.
About the role:
Based at our client's Transport Depot an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician/Fitter to support operational performance by repairing and maintaining the vehicle fleet at Hart Workshop. Duties will be carried out in a safe manner, whilst adhering to Company health and safety policies and procedures and whilst complying with VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) standards and statutory regulations.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain and repair the fleet to a high standard to ensure operations run smoothly without disruptions. This would avoid financial penalties from the client.
- Adhere to the health and safety procedures by maintaining the housekeeping of the workshop areas to a high standard. This ensures the safety of everyone working within the workshop, or those visiting.
- Responsibility for raising and addressing health and safety concerns / issues for anyone working in the workshop, or on site, including internal employees and external suppliers visiting site.
- Responsible for adhering to the legal and statutory requirements required on vehicles including specific measurements and tightness.
- Responsible for completing legal and statutory paperwork to ensure compliance, including service sheets, defect books, job cards, log books and time sheets.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- NVQ / Apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicles.
- Welding Repairs.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.