HGV Technician - Haringey, London - Competitive £££
Astute Technical are looking to speak to experienced HGV Technicians for one of our Nationwide Waste and Recycling clients based in Haringey, London.
Our client is looking for an experienced vehicle engineer to join their engineering team, based at their Depot in Haringey, London,
You will work shifts Monday - Friday alternating 06.00-14.30 and 11.30-20.00.
- Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with OEM minimum standards
- Carry out vehicle safety inspection in line with group fleet policy
- Maintain, prepare and present vehicles for annual MOT testing at specified DVSA approved ATF
- Required to complete all aspects of vehicle inspection documentation in line with group fleet compliance policy
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to QHSE obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your work place
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Knowledge, skills and experience;
The successful candidate is required to have a number of years' experience in HGV mechanical engineering, with a proven track record of working in a fast pace engineering environment
- City &Guilds Level 3 in HGV mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- IRTEC "Service Maintenance Technician" accreditation desired or willing to achieve
- LGV licence is essential
- Valid DCPC preferred but not essential
- Experience in use of OBD Diagnostic tools (TEXA, STAR, EASY etc.)
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine; Gearbox; Braking systems)
- Specialist skills ( Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics: Electrical systems )
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit ( Air gun, Spanners, Sockets, Screwdrivers etc)
- Experience in maintaining waste vehicles is preferred, but not essential as fully training will be provided
If you would like more information please call Roxanne @ ASTUTE on 02392 222 965 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.